Thank You for Your Interest
AvenueB is a program designed to increase participation of women and underrepresented minorities in Biological Sciences, serving high potential, low resource students, and those from families in which neither parent holds a bachelor’s degree.
To better serve these students, we welcome faculty and industry professionals who are in the Biological Science fields to sign up to become a mentor. Based on your interests and availability, program staff will pair mentors up with an AvenueB student.
- Mentoring assignments are for 1 academic year (September – June)
- Mentors should plan to meet with mentees via Zoom or video conferencing for your first session
- Subsequent sessions can be held via phone, or video conference, or one-on-one as able.
- Mentors should plan to spend about 10-20 clock hours working with their mentee(s) over the course of the academic year
- We recommend touching base at least once a month throughout the academic year to engage your student mentee.