Early Community College
Early Community College Benefits
AvenueB is designed to help community college transfer students smoothly transition to UC Davis, and ultimately, a career in biological science. The program was developed by UC Davis with generous funding from the Genentech Foundation, in collaboration with Los Rios, Contra Costa, San Joaquin Delta, and Yuba Community College Districts.
AvenueB starts at your community college and provides academic and career supports and enrichment opportunities. If you are admitted to UC Davis and are selected to participate in AvenueB, this support will continue after you transfer to UC Davis.
This program is designed for students who possess a demonstrated commitment or potential for leadership to positively impact the elimination of barriers that prevent full participation of women and underrepresented minorities in biological science careers.
Who qualifies for benefits while in community college?
Students from participating community college districts (Los Rios, Yuba, San Joaquin Delta, and Contra Costa) who are in their second to last year at community college and are planning to major in Biological Sciences can apply to participate in AvenueB.
Upon joining AvenueB at community college, students are eligible for:
- A Supportive Community
- Targeted Admissions Advising
- Pre-TAG advising
- UC TAP (Transfer Admission Planner) assistance and advising
- Admissions Workshops & Information Sessions
- Scholar Awards (for eligible students)
- Industry Connections
- Enrichment Opportunities
- MESA, Beacon, and like opportunities
- Career/Graduate School Preparation
- A no-cost Summer Study experience at UC Davis
- Aggie Transfer Scholars Weekend (ATSW) is a short residential experience at UC Davis where students will receive intensive transfer preparation for meeting admission requirements, connect to various campus resources that support student success, and experience campus life and being an Aggie. Students will receive guidance for submitting a TAG application, and will continue to engage with AvenueB at community college.
- Aggie to Be (A2B) is a free 4-day, 3-night summer residential intensive transfer preparation program. Jumpstart your knowledge on how you can earn a university degree by transferring from your community college.